Wednesday 16 May 2018

Introducing.....

Introducing our new Children and Families' Minister, Elena Markova, who will begin work at All Saints on Sunday 20th May 2018, Pentecost Sunday.

Elena has written this short introduction about herself. We wish her all God's blessings as she begins work with us at All Saints. Please pray for Elena and for her work with us.

A similar piece will follow soon about Victoria Hall, our Musical Director, who has succesfully relaunched our church choir and started a Junior choir . We are sure they will work very well with each other as we reach out to our pastoral district with God's love.

Yours in Christ

Rev Simon Tillotson

Elena writes:
 I am a mother of two beautiful girls - Georgia 19, and Sophia 10 (in two weeks time). 

 I am an academic theologian.  I acquired my first degree at Canterbury Christ Church University. I am also a freshly graduated Master's Degree holder in 'Christianity and the Arts' from King's College, London. 

 I have worked with children, families and the elderly extensively in a Christian lay setting over the past eight years.
Music and the Performing Arts mean a great deal to me. In my teenage and early adult years I studied classical music and music performance and have had quite amazing stage experience and opportunities.

Though I am a British Citizen, I grew up in the Eastern European country of Bulgaria, on the beautiful Black Sea Coast. I was brought up in a Christian family within the Eastern Orthodox tradition. 

I have been living in England for over twenty years now and currently serve as a Methodist Local Preacher in the North Kent Methodist Circuit, as well as a volunteer chaplain at Medway Hospital. 

In my ‘down time’ I like to spend time with my girls, visit various heritage sites, visit the theatre, cinema, gallery exhibitions or simply go for nice long picnics and catch up with friends over some hearty, home-cooked Bulgarian cuisine!

I am very much looking forward to getting to know everyone at All Saints' and fully contributing to its mission to the local community. 

I pray that as I begin my journey alongside God and each member (child and adult) of the All Saints community, that we will be abundantly blessed, mutually strengthened and uplifted in Jesus Christ, Our Lord, Saviour and Redeemer.



No comments:

Post a Comment